Saturday, August 1, 2009

July Time-Warp!

My sincerest apologies for the delay in posts. I have been quite busy since the last word was typed. So here is an overview of July:

1. Our wedding reception
2. Our new house
3. Lovin' my job

lets begin...



1. The wedding reception was a blast! Justin and I both had our families and friends there, with great music, food, cries and laughs! First, Julia gave a wonderful heart-felt toast to Justin and I that meant so much to us! Next was Judson, who offered laughs and good memories from the teenage years. Krysti decided to make not only me, but herself and everyone else in attendance cry with her toast; it was beautiful to say the least. Finally, leave it to my father to offer the most honest speech of them all! He was not shy about making it clear that he didn't care for Justin when we first started dating, but closed with congratulating us and making it clear he really does like Justin now! HA!


Most memorable moment of the night: Recognizing my grandparents (Justin and I married on their 48th year anniversary), and being able to dance with my new husband along side the greatest love i've seen between 2 people. I will never forget it.




2.Our new house! I love it! It's in a newer development on the west (outside of town by a couple miles) side of town. Brytnee is loving her big fenced in backyard and she has made friends with the neighbors dog by running up and down the side of the privacy fence barking her head off. We have been grilling out every weekend on the patio and we are loving it! Justin and I are still in the process of decorating, we have ideas of what we want for each room and have most of the stuff, it's just the execution that seems to be on hold for the moment. Justin's brother and girlfriend are staying with us for the next week while she is visiting, so we will finish when they are gone. My roomate from college just bought a house 1 house down from us and we spend a lot of time together talking about house preparations. I also know another couple who I worked with who bought a house one street over, and know several others in the area....we're planning a block party! :-) I will post pictures when the house is decorated!
3. Lovin' my job! I am a family advocate for Lincoln Action Program in the Early Head Start Program and it is so much fun! Who else gets to play with kids all day and get paid for it? So sounds like a glorified babysitter, but I also help low income families with community resources and work with them on the development of their children ages 0-3. My co-workers are wonderful, and my supervisor is great. Things really seem to be falling into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment